It is amazing how much effect adding simple flowers can add to any project. I used a simple cluster of three rosettes as embellishments for the knitted bags I posted about the other day.
You can whip up one of these in just a few minutes. They only involve a foundation chain and one row of double crochet stitches. You can increase the size of the flower by adding multiples of 3 stitches using different yarn or different size hooks.
HOW TO MAKE A SIMPLE ROSETTE CROCHET FLOWER
|yarn, crochet hook, scissors, yarn needle|
You will need:
Appropriate Crochet Hook for the yarn chosen
Yarn Needle to finish off and sew in place.
Rosette Flower Pattern
|crochet chain 27 stitches|
- Chain 27 stitches.
- Skip the first three stitches - these three stitches form the first double crochet stitch.
- In the next chain stitch make 2 double crochet stitches. To make a double crochet stitch, yarn over hook, hook through stitch, yarn over hook, pull through, leaves you with 3 loops on your hook, yarn over and pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through 2 hoops.
- Skip next stitch.
- Make 2 double crochets in next stitch.
- Repeat to the end.
- Cut yarn and pull through the last stitch on the hook leaving a tail to sew the flower.
- Start at the beginning and curl your work to make a rosette.
- Use tail to sew through and through the flower to secure it.
|Double Crochet across to form a crochet curly cue|
|roll up curly cue|
|secure by sewing through and through|