Crafty

Online Knitting Class

Wednesday 24 December 2014

Arm Knitting Reviewed


 Arm Knitting Reviewed


I discovered arm knitting by accident and was instantly attracted to how quickly you could produce a quality item. I am learning as I go along and here are some of my successes and some of my not-so-much successes.

My Loopy Infinity Scarf


The first thing you discover with arm knitting is that it works best with really, really thick yarn or by using several strands together.  I started this one using four ply yarn, two strands of white and 1 of green Sidar Sunseeker Cloud 10 yarn which as a knobbly look.  As you can see it resulted in a really loopy look which I am not sure I would repeat.


arm knit infinity scarf
Arm Knit Infinity Scarf in Four Seasons Grundl

Four Seasons Grunl Infinity Scarf

This was more of a success. I used two strands of blue and one strand of green Four Seasons Grundl yarn with has a sort of ribbon look to it. You can actually open it out so the net is exposed. I think it is actually meant to be knitted as a frilly scarf but I can't be bothered with it like that, it is too fiddly picking up edges of this.

When you wear it it does feel quite heavy and is very warm.






As in ordinary knitting, there is a 'right' side and a 'wrong' side. To me they just give different looks and with infinity scarves where you are linking and wrapping it doesn't matter all that much.

'Wrong' side of arm knitted project

'right' side of armknitting project

Double Knit Arm Knit Infinity Scarf


arm knitting infinity scarf
I was really still experimenting to see what I could get away with and tried this one using two strands of double knit yarn I had in my stash. I didn't really like how open the weave was but I found I could actually pull out the loops on one edge to create a looped effect. 

armknitting infinity scarf in double knit yarn
armknitting infinity scarf in double knit yarn

armknitting infinity scarf in double knit yarn
armknitting infinity scarf in double knit yarn
change the look by the way you drape your scarf

PHOTO GALLERY OF ARMKNITTED INFINITY SCARVES
armknitting infinity scarf
Arm Knitting Infinity Scarf in Glitter Yarn

ArmKnit Infinity Scarf in Sirdar Glam
ArmKnit Infinity Scarf in Blue Sirdar Glam

ArmKnit Infinity Scarf in Sirdar Glam
ArmKnit Infinity Scarf in Red Sirdar Glam

arm knitting infinity scarf
Change the look of your infinity scarf with how you drape it








No comments:

Post a Comment