Crafty

Online Knitting Class

Friday 5 December 2014

Welcome to Beginners Knitting

How to Knit: Beginner Guides, Tutorials and Free Patterns

Welcome - I've been knitting since I was a child so I kind-of take it for granted. So I was a bit surprised when a close friend of mine expressed astonishment when I produced a knitted bedjacket for her mother's Christmas. "How did you do that!" was her first comment and I realised there are loads of people out there who were never given the opportunity to learn a skill that I take for granted. That, together with a new obscession with Pinterest has spurred me into starting this new blog.

Here I hope to help at least a few people learn the art of knitting and help them produce work they will be proud to use themselves or to give as gifts to friends and family.

What has struck me about the multitude of knitting sites on line is that very few of them are British. There are slight differences in terms and methods between the UK and US so I will be concentrating mainly on UK pattern terminology. That may mean in future converting some free patterns into UK terms.

I'll write about this more fully in another post but to get you started - you need to learn how to cast on and here is a short video with my Scottish accent to the fore.


No comments:

Post a Comment